Friday, November 14, 2008

Vegetarian Peanut Chicken


I realize that this picture does not make this dish look the most appetizing but I swear it is good!!

quorn vegetarian chicken cutlets (from whole foods)
peanut sauce (I use 365 from whole foods)
2-3 tbls peanut butter
2-3 tbls heated milk
2 tbls canola oil
rice (enough for 4)
1/3 cups peanuts
¾ onion (cut to your preference)
6 mushrooms
a dash Red chili pepper flakes


I usually coat the chicken, mushrooms and peanuts with the peanut sauce first individually. Then put the oil in the pan and let it get hot, then saute the onion for about 3-4 minutes. Add 1 tbls of peanut butter at a time, letting it coat the onions. Then add a tbls at a time of the milk. Make sure that this has all coasted the onions. Add the dash of chili flakes. Add the mushrooms and let them get coated with the sauce, then add the chicken. i usually have some peanut sauce left in the container and I pour that in too. The last thing I add is the peanuts. Serve over rice. You can see from the picture that it's a little brown, so I usually make a salad or some vegetable to go with it.

1 comment:

djk said...

best use of fake chicken ever. I love it!