Sunday, October 16, 2011

Kale Mango (Pear) Salad
















1 bunch kale (stalks removed and discarded, thinly sliced)
1 lemon
1/4 olive oil

kosher salt
2 tsp agave nectar or honey
freshly group pepper
1 mango
handful pumpkin seeds


This is one of my favorite salads. My mother in law found it on foodnetwork.com for me one day when I wanted to make something with fresh kale. It is amazing! Tonight when I made it; our mango turned out not to be ripe so I used pear instead and it was just as yummy!


In a serving bowl, put the kale, half of the squeezed lemon, a drizzle of olive oil and some kosher salt and massage for 2-3 minutes until it softens and kind of wilts. For the dressing whisk together the other half of lemon, the 2 tsp of agave nectar, lots of fresh ground pepper and the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Pour the dressing over the kale add the mango and top with pumpkin seeds. YUM!

No comments: