Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Roasted Vegetables and Couscous


Tonight I made one of my favorite recipes. It originated from here, but I have changed it a bit. Here is my version.

Roasted Vegetables & Couscous

1 purple onion
1 yellow pepper
1 orange pepper
1 yellow squash
1 zucchini
2 portobello mushrooms
6-8 white mushrooms
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tbls olive oil
near east toasted pine nut couscous
mandarin oranges
feta cheese
fresh basil (optional)

Preheat oven to 425.
You can cut the vegetables to your liking, but I dice the peppers, slice the onions, quarter the white mushrooms, slice the Portobello mushrooms, quarter the yellow squash and the zucchini. Then put in a 9x13 baking dish, sprinkle the minced garlic and drizzle the olive oil. Bake at 425 for 45 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes.

I make the couscous according to the package, and then put that in the center and the roasted vegetables around it. I then sprinkle with feta cheese and decorate with mandarin oranges and if I have some fresh basil I add a little of that.

1 comment:

eatme_delicious said...

Yum this looks like a great healthy simple meal! I've never actually made couscous. I usually stick to rice. (Though I want to make a more active effort to incorporate different grains into my diet.)