Sunday, November 6, 2011

Vegan White Bean Spread Sandwich



I first had a white bean spread sandwich at Sweet Butter in Sherman Oaks and loved it so much I had to try and make it at home! It was a delicious success and I am now obsessed!!

bread (Rudy's 7 grain with flax or whatever you prefer)
white Beans (raw)
garlic 2-3 cloves
1 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil (or more)
1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
salt and pepper to taste
onion
grape tomatoes
onion
water
wild arugula

I bought a bag of white beans and soaked them over night and then the next day cooked them for about an hour and a half. Then in a food processor I added 2-3 gloves of garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, lemon juice squeezed from a lemon, salt, pepper and water. Pouring the water in slowly to make sure you don't make it too runny, is a great idea.

I sauteed the onion in a pan with olive oil. Once the onions were translucent I added a little german rock sugar and then the tomatoes that I cut in half.

I lightly toasted the bread, spread the white bean spread on the bread, added the sauteed onions and tomatoes and then the arugula. YUM!

No comments: